April 16, 2015

In My Sketchbook This Week.

It's been a fun sketchbook play week for me. 
I moved a little desk into the living room, and have been drawing and painting
while the Mr. and the cat watch TV in the evenings. 
Even shows that I usually love don't hold up to the pull of playing in my Sketchbook.
Here's what I have been up to this week...

Here is a very loose drawing of a arrangement of peonies.
I drew it with a Pilot Varsity water-soluble fountain pen and painted it in with gouache.
I love the bleedy blue lines of the ink.


I've been on a roll drawing faces from my google image search of "regular people."
I scroll until I find someone I like the looks of, then draw them, 
and I finish off the exercise making up a story about them.

"This guys name is probably Bill, or Mark, or Carl.
He will laugh at your jokes. He's got a black lab named Marley,
named after Bob Marley, his favorite musician in college. 
He is kind and will wheel out your trash if you're on vacation.
Just don't ask him to water your ferns, he's not a 'plant guy.'"


Five minute drawings over a gouache box. Everyone has time for five minutes! 


I love putting diluted ink into these Niji and Pentel water brushes and using them to sketch.
I drew these sheep looking at a recent piece of art from Taproot Magazine.
Then my brain got to thinking about the next page, and I drew this skein of yarn.
I like when pages relate to each other.


Another guy from the interweb...

"Omar loves cheese, the only problem being that he is lactose intolerant.
He is quite tolerant of ducks though, and feeds them bits of bagel every Wednesday,
on his way home from the gym."


And of course a few birds to round out the week.
What I like most about this is the combo of bright green and red,
I must use more of these complimentary colors in the future.


So, that's what I've been up to this week, how about you? 
Been sketching up something fun?
I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read them!