February 7, 2013

Road Trip, Day Twenty Seven: Davis Continued...






I had to spend another day in Davis as the car was still in the shop.
I was flabbergasted to see all the unpicked fruit in almost every yard.
I wanted to shake these Californians and say:
"People! You have Meyer lemons growing in your front yard! Get busy squeezing!"
And then I found it hilarious to go to the co-op which was filled with 
basket after basket of fresh citrus. Perhaps we only value what we have to pay for?
It's something to ponder. 

I walked all day along the residential streets of Davis.
Enjoying the little cottages and creative touches.
The little white cottage with the turquoise screen door really captured my heart.
I think I was homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to read them!